Saturday, October 21, 2006

My name is Mike and I'm an alcoholic

Well not really but this is a similar sot of idea. My name is Mike, I am 27 years old and I am a web developer for an integrated communications studio in Perth, Australia, called Creative Nature. I know all of this because I just read it in my profile. But there are a few things about me that are not in my profile so lets stay here and read a bit first.

I am married to a wonderful woman (I-heart-Barbie) who, for whatever reason, seems to love me no matter what I do. This, as it turns out, is a serious advantage because I seem to contantly get her "up the duff" as the saying goes.

Yes, I am the father of a small horde of demons which, upon closer examination, turns out to be three kids. They are Chiara, Caleb and Wil and I'll get a photo of the up at some stage for everyone to have a gander at. The joke used to be that I was breeding my own basketball team, but it got less funny as I got close so now it's a cricket team. I may be a fair way off with this but I still reckon I could beat Australia with my players.

I am a university student (for the moment at any rate) studying Computer Science. I have been at this for 10 years now and I have 2 weeks to go. Fingers crossed, touch wood and all those things.

I mentioned above that I work as a web developer for Creative Nature Communications. This is nowhere near as boring as you would imagine. I won't go into the sales-y puff here because no-one wants to read it but the work is pretty cool and the people are friendly.

As a part of our continual business goal, we need to help people use technology to communicate in effective and innovative ways. I have a bit of a sinister motive in creating this blog in that I want to find out just what one is and how one does it so I can apply it to my work.

That doesn't invalidate any other resons for doing this. The main one is that i want to talk to the wind. Who knows, maybe one day the wind will talk back.

Well, three kids down and the mrs is out at a party. Guess that means I get to go to bed (probably to read on my laptop [gods I'm a nerd]). I have a number of ideas for posts (and some serious ranting to do) but if I use all my A material up front, you'll never come back will you?

Ah well, g'night.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Well I may not be as interesting as the wind, but I'll talk back to you :)

Actually, that reminds me of a Footrot Flats saying - 'Out here, we call the wind Maria'
So first there's Jenny, and then there's Maria. Barb's going to kill you when she find out about all your wimmin ;-)

And not all of your kids are demons. Caleb is, but the other two are alright...ok, he's not quite a demon, but git comes close right?

I do love him - just don't tell Barbie I siad that!

Wolfbyte said...

Yeah. I got in trouble for saying I was an alcoholic. I thought it was funny.